Lizzie Garrett Mettler is a rock star. After realizing her husbands fashion magazines were more inspirational than those geared towards women, Lizzie began writing the blog 'Tomboy Style'. Her posts cover not just the current menswear trends of J.Crew and Madewell, but the history and classic tomboy styles of the past that have always been a part of how women dress..... think Katharine Hepburn, Jane Birkin and Rita Hayworth. I'm continually inspired by her writing and her blog. Of course, I have already pre-ordered a copy of her book which will be out on April 3rd!
In her own words, " This trailer gives a little sneak peek inside the book I wish I found as a kid, and again as an adult. I truly believe it proves that tomboys can be, and are, patently stylish."
Things that happened this week that made me take notice ::
- Read how 'Of Monsters and Men' became the next big thing in music.
- Why yes, I was just thinking about wanting to take a street view of a rainforest. Thank you Google Maps for reading my mind!
- Frat guys are usually only known for throwing huge parties and being, well, bro's. These frat guys are doing something noble to raise awareness.
- It's that time of year where I, for some reason, can't remember what I wore last summer. Happens every time the seasons change so drastically. You're forced to try and dig deep to remember what life was like without boots, tights and scarves. Thank goodness for the R29 crew and helping us get some inspiration for those 'in-between' outfits.
- Finally, we may actually have edible food available at the airport thanks to some all-star chefs!
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Video :: Tomboy Style: Beyond the Boundaries of Fashion from pier pictures on Vimeo.