Are you familiar with the Portlandia reference of 'put a bird on it'? Well, that's bascially how I feel about burlap. I'm sure that doesn't come as much of a surprise to y'all.
Scenarios include :: Oh, that's a cool frame... maybe add some burlap and cork board for a jewelry holder. Table runner or hanging garland.... so much better in burlap. How about some burlap lining a basket or, better yet, gift wrap a bottle of wine in burlap. Ran out of napkin holders? Throw some burlap around those pesky napkins.
So naturally when I had this old coffee canister and jar lying around with no home or real purpose in life..... I decided to throw some burlap on 'em and, voila, they have a new life with so much potential ahead!
YOU'LL NEED ::
- Glue (confession :: the picture lies.... I ended up using a hot glue gun)
- Paint + Paint Brush
- Canister + Jar
- Letter Template
- Measure and cut the burlap to fit around your canister or jar.
- Cut a template of your choice to paint on the burlap. Outline the template with a permanent marker onto the burlap.
- Paint in the outline on the burlap. Let dry.
- Wrap the burlap around the canister and add hot glue to adhere the burlap together.
- Hold in place with a clip and let dry.
- Enjoy your new burlap enhanced item!
Any other 'put some burlap on it' DIY ideas? Please share below! I have yards of this stuff laying around the apartment and need to use it!