Being a New Yorker, I'm pretty '
' towards most large scale productions...celebrity sittings, earthquakes and so on. Hurricanes included. So when talk started of this fiery pistol Irene coming through the borough......I decided I may need to stock up on a few essentials to be sure I'm prepared.
- my favorite, and classiest, boxed wine. Yes there are 4 there......all 4 will be necessary if the water gets shut off. Don't judge.
legendary September issue - if I read slowly and savor each page..... it will last me all weekend.
swimsuit - never know if things will get a little flooded.
candle - to supplement power outages and mildew smells.
- hours can be spent trying to beat King Bowser and the games music keeps spirits up.
wellies - I'd rather my skin not touch any standing water. This
New York people.
- these could be essential in the case of an evacuation.
- nothing says 'I'm prepared' like a florescent rain poncho.
Here's the week in review:
isn't scheduled to release her new album until Nov. 7th, but thank goodness for some sneak peaks. The video for '
' was released this week and now I can not wait to hear the album in full.
- Our friend
has been keeping busy. Besides their continuing campaign for peace in the Congo, they were out at PROJECT in Las Vegas debuting their latest endeavor.....a
- You'll be glad to know that
have hit their
goal of $20K with 7 days to go! Keep supporting good music!
- Forbes announced the
. You'll find the usual list makers like Oprah and Angelina Jolie, but also other power houses like Walmart heiress Alice Walton and Twitter’s Katie Jacobs Stanton.
- Cleats are not just for the fields and fairways anymore.....
has put their own spin on them for the street style version. If you fancy, I could see a potential DIY in the future.
- I would rather be spending this eventful weekend in this
than duck taping X's on my windows.
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Please share any exciting Irene stories or essentials you are stocking up on for the weekend!