I never need an excuse to decorate the apartment, bring out our extra table, gather some of my favorite people and have a feast. Spring has arrived, pastels are in full force and I wanted to have a little spring themed brunch.
I'm always looking for easy and affordable ways to constantly re-decorate for parties instead of buying based on trends and barely using the pieces..... not to mention having to find a place to store them. So I wanted to share some of my quick DIY decorating tips below.
A few quick tips for brunch tablescapes ::
- Keep the arrangements low so guests can see each other across the table.
- Use a variety of flowers in size and color. This will keep things whimsical and not too structured.
- Mix up plates and stemware..... brunches are meant to be more casual. Plus, the varying colors and patterns will be a fresh take on 'matchy-matchy' place settings.
- Unlikely containers can serve as vases. I used pieces from my grandmother's vintage tea set and a few old coffee canisters that I cleaned out and spray painted.
- Let's be honest, pom poms go with everything these days. Here, I've used a stick with some ribbon and hung it from the ceiling using twine.
Please share any tips and tricks you may have for affordable spring brunch decor ideas in the comment section below!