We have three days left in the city before departing to Texas for the holidays. I am pleading with the weather man to bring snow, just a dribble or a blizzard.... I'm not picky. Here's the honest truth, snow in NYC is gorgeous and festive before the holidays..... snow in NYC post January 1st is just inconvenient and sloppy. The magic of the holiday season makes trekking through the snow merry and delightful. Nothing is merry, or even close to delightful, in February when the snow has turned yellow and the rock salt is ruining my leather boots. Do others agree?
Week In Review ::
- In the past year, I've gotten in touch with my inner typography nerdness.... Pinterest will vow for me. Via my super talented design friend Jeff, I recently came across this site the follows a journey in typography.
- It's like this Anthro-inspired DIY by Rebecca of 'A Daily Something' knew all of my favorite craft components -- 1 :: Easy / 2 :: Holiday themed / 3 :: Old book pages / 4 :: Inexpensive. This paper tree is one DIY everyone will love and can replicate for their own home. Rebecca is a genius!
- Great article on the power of Pinterest for a brand. Real Simple outlines that Pinterest is generating more traffic to their site than Facebook. Pretty interesting. (Side note :: Ben, one of the creators of Pinterest, went to my high school... that makes me cool by association, right?!)
- Is the 3rd time a charm for Brit-Brit? Lets hope!
- DALLAS :: Mark your calendars for Dec 22nd. HYPE/02 is officially one week away! Join us for photos, music and art. Be sure to RSVP to ensure admission. Hope to see you there!
- I find rearranging rooms and furniture to be such a great creative exercise. Sometimes, I get a little ahead of myself and want to start moving furniture, on my own, without really mapping things out. Three hours and a mess of things later, I come to find I liked it better the way it was! Thank goodness for the discovery of the website 'Plan Your Room'. Oh, the hours I can spend on this site will rival Pinterest!
- Google has joined in the fight against modern day slavery and human trafficking with a game-changing investment. Powerful companies doing powerful things for others is always an inspiring story. Be sure to read the article.
Have a delightful weekend!
Photos via :: The Revelement